Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sewing!

Did I ever tell you guys how much I love blogs? I LOOOOOVE THEM! I would read them all day if I could. They’re so full of inspiration, creativity and best of all…TUTORIALS! I’m talking about tutorials for purses, jewelry skirts, dresses, and anything else you might possibly wish to make.

I have a list of things I want to make so long I could dress myself in it. (I wonder if there’s a tutorial for that!).

And it really doesn’t help that my entire wardrobe is falling apart and I desperately need new clothes. I’ve been looking for some decent work clothes for a while now, but have you seen the cost of things these days?! There’s no way I’m spending $80 on a dress that will probably not last me very long. Especially knowing I can buy the material for like $20 and make it myself.

Oh AND Christmas is coming up in just 7 weeks and I still have a million presents to buy/make!

So first on my list…Christmas presents…I won’t say what because I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

And then…clothes for me! First up (after I attempt some work clothes) is a circle skirt! I already started a simple one using elastic for a waist band, and I just found instructions for making a 50’s style version! Don’t you just love em! I’m so gonna rock this style in the New Year!






Unfortunately, my sewing machine (that’s almost old enough to be vintage lol) is giving me problems L…hopefully I can get it up and running this weekend without needing to spend $50 to get it serviced!

2 comments:

  1. ooooo make me one too please! Im proud of you for finding something you love, like me with knitting. I can't wait to spend time with you! Love youuu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. circle skirts! i always thought they looked cute and wondered how they would look on myself. it'll be so cool to see you wearing one! how's it coming?

    ReplyDelete