Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm baaaaaaaack! Missed me? I know, I know...its been TWO WHOLE MONTHS since I last blogged! I bet you thought I was never coming back?


The last two months have been extremely busy for me. They've been full of sewing and crafting (Christmas presents), cooking and baking (cookies, cinnamon rolls, experimenting with new reciptes), spending time with family (Elora came home for Christmas!), and friends (Lydia's back for good!). And every thing I did, I thought of a perfect blog post (with pictures of course) to go with it. But for some reason I just never found the time...I was just too busying enjoying it all.


But don't worry. I'm here to stay. And I'm excited about the future and all the plans I have for it...you'll be hearing about it all over the next year.


I decided not to set any specific resolutions for the year, but to just spend more time doing the stuff I love and, more importantly, the stuff I need. A year from now, I really don't want to be stuck in the same place spiritually as I am now. I want to be able to look back and see how much I've grown, not look around and see what I see now.

To kick off the new year, I celebrated my first anniversary with Daniel. The past year has been one of the best years of my life, maybe THE best! Sure we had our ups an downs, but overrall we've both grown so much.

I think the one thing I've learned the most during our first year is how selfish I am. How much I make things about me, when they really have nothing to do with me at all. And I've been learning to give situations and Daniel over to God. The only thing I can really change is me, so that's what I've been trying to do. I'm sure that's a lesson I'll be learning for a long time.

I've also been trying to me a more practical, organized wife. Daniel is at his best when I am at my best, and my best is when the house is clean, dinner is cooking, and I'm feeeling creative and happy. That's been a huge challenge for me, because I am not and have never been clean or organized. But I'm getting there...just got a LOOOOONG way to go!


What about you? What have you learned over the past year? What are you hoping to learn in the new year?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your resolution not to be in the same place spiritually as you are now. That's mine too! Although I hadn't thought it out properly before now. I'm trying to read my Bible every day (and have been successful so far!). I'm praying about any sins in my life that I need to let go of but can't see because I'm deceiving myself. I'm praying that I will be able to influence people for Christ. Whether that means speaking God's Word to them, showing them through example how God loves us, or even putting myself out on a limb in class to stand up for what God says, I think that I should be striving for any and all of those things. And I'm praying that I'll get a heart for God so that these things don't feel like a duty but that they just come out of the love I have for Him and what he has done for me and for everyone. And...(lol, didn't think I was going to go on for this long) I've been more convicted lately about doing whatever it takes to live my faith and help me get to the next level, even if that means having less/no friends and being a lot more discerning with what I let into my life (music, television, movies, books, even my purchases, although that's a more intense process and commitment). This conviction is definitely a difficult thing to carry out and something I welcome your prayers on! Actually for all of them, since they are pretty related. I'll pray for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so... do you still add things here? it's been a year :) I'm home now and would be happy to read more about you life !!

    ReplyDelete