Sunday, October 31, 2010

MIA

Hey everyone!

I know, I know...I've been missing for a looooong time! I am so sorry. Please forgive me!

You're probably wondering where I've been...

And the answer is, right here living life as usual. I've been extremely busy lately. I think Daniel and I finally have a rhythm to our week and its pretty grueling. Monday nights is Bible study, Tuesdays I've committed to spending time with my sister, Wednesdays we have small group with some people from church, Thursday is date night, and of course the weekends are always busy with different stuff. Somewhere among all that I still have to (more like attempt to) keep my house clean and feed my husband.

I know my schedule is probably tame compared to some of you but for me its pretty crazy. I don't think I could keep it up for life. But for now, we have no kids so we can manage!

In addition to all that, I got a new toy that's really distracting. I'm not sure if i told you guys, but I got a promotion at work! I'm now officially a Senior Auditor! Whoo Hoo! lol...just kidding! It's a decent position, with a whole lot more responsibility, so I will probably have to add working overtime to my schedule soon. Thankfully it came with a small raise, so I bought myself a promotion/birthday gift. An Ipod Touch...It's great! I can do anything on that thing! Except Blog...that would take forever. I'll try not to let it get in the way again.

Also, last week I read an amazing book. A friend of mine lent me Prague Counterpoint by the Thoines. It was a touching story about Austria in World War Two, and a few people who were willing to take a stand for goodness and for God. It's amazing how much you can learn from historical fiction! For instance, did you know Hitler took prayer and Bibles out of schools in the Third Reich (his territory) and replaced them with prayer to Him and a book he wrote while in prison?? And he took over a ridiculous amount of countries, while England and France looked the other way because they didn't want to get involved in a war and were basically just completely complacent? If they had taken a stand for what was right at the very beginning there never would have been a WWII and those hundreds of thousands of people who died would have been left to live and leave legacies behind. It's so sad. A real lesson in doing the right thing right away. If you guys are looking for something good to read, and have exhausted all Francine Rivers books, I would recommend checking out some of their books. They're pretty decent.

So that's where I've been. Again, I apologize...I'll try to be more present!

Oh P.S....updates on my goals...quiet time is going much better for the most part. But everything else is a complete failure. I'm still working on it...but I could use some encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back! And way to inundate us with things to read! :o That's good though, I prefer it this way :)

    That book sounds really interesting, and it definitely does give us reason to think about doing the right thing the first time around. We should think about how the ramifications of our [in]action could go so much further than ourselves - i mean, did England and France really think they were sowing seeds for a 7 year war?

    as for your goals - hooray about the quiet times! how is this affecting your general mood/attitude? and for everything else, i would say celebrate the little things. that's what i always do when i'm tempted to feel like a failure. and i like to remind myself that tomorrow is a new day! a new opportunity to do the things I'd like to/should do.

    ReplyDelete